I wanted to study a variety of software and techniques in this project: stained glass, trees, and Unreal Engine.
The stained glass was concepted in Procreate for iPad, then taken into Photoshop to create various masks for parts of the design (glass, lead, stone, etc.). From there, Substance Designer made it easy to fill in the details. It was a rather unique challenge to make stained glass work in an outdoor setting.
I put the scene together in Unreal Engine, which was a very enjoyable learning process. In the end, however, I decided I wanted to use Marmoset’s capabilities for the final renders, and the Unreal project was scrapped. I look forward to using it for future projects.